2017 Workshop Information
The 2017 CHOP Translational Research Workshop will focus on five themes: introduction to translational research, therapeutics and investigational devices, genetics and gene therapy, mechanisms to manifestations, and stories in precision medicine. Successful applicants can expect to participate in the following:
- An interactive panel discussion with faculty that have successfully transitioned their basic science programs into the realm of translational research
- The fundamentals of translational research, including discussions and presentations focusing on the T1 through T4 “stages” of translational research
- The ins-and-outs of the investigational new drug pipeline
- How an Institutional Review Board (IRB) functions, via a mock IRB activity
- Real-life examples of successful translational research programs presented by investigators in disciplines such as human genetics, gene therapy, oncology, metabolic disease, mitochondrial disease, autism, inflammatory bowel disease, fetal surgery, and other rare diseases/disorders
To receive E-mail updates as the program agenda is developed, sign up here.
For more information and general questions, please contact the CHOP Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at email@example.com.
Past Workshop Information
To learn more about past workshops, please view the agendas for the 2013 and 2015 CHOP Translational Research Workshops below.